Every now and then I sign Afton up for a month of gymnastics at the Lehi Rec. Center. I thought she would love it and I was right. She is a handful though, to say the least. Within the first few minutes she is running and I am sweating. I am holding in place, picking up, chasing, corralling, and sometimes just squeezing that little body so she will be a participant. Many times I've wondered why the other kids seem to be waiting their turn, standing so quietly or resisting the urge to run away?
On another note, Afton is very flexible, very strong, and very good at doing everything physically asked of her. But everything can move slowly and Afton isn't slow.
This one particular day I asked Grandma Watrous to come and take some pictures. Afton was excited to see Grandma and seemed to know why she was there. Afton stayed with the other kids, waited her turn, followed the leader as we walked to the different circuits and I don't think she ran away even once. Hmmm
Afton loved having Grandma there watching, cheering, and giving support. She smiled for Grandma, held still for Grandma, waited for Grandma to get the shot, which she did.
Grandma got so many great shots and these particular ones were taken off her blog which you can check out here!


No comments:
Post a Comment