Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Not sure

Last night Afton woke up around 4 am. I went in, knelt in front of her and asked her why she woke up, what was wrong? She thought about it for a while and then said, "not sure". So I got her out of her crib, gave her a big hug and a kiss and tried not to feel the sand in my eyes.

Well, her diaper was full and her p.j.'s were slightly wet so that might have been it. Maybe she'd had a bad dream, maybe she didn't feel well. Maybe she was hungry. I'll never know.

I changed her diaper and her p.j.'s and got her a little bit of milk. As we were snuggling in the rocking chair she said, "prayer Momma?" and proceeded to 'fold' my arms around her. I gave her a little squeeze and said a little prayer. After that she pulled my arms tighter and wanted me to say another one so I did. After that she wanted to say one so she did. After that she finally fell asleep. I held her for a few more minutes before laying her back in bed. I love feeling her little body snuggled up against mine.




On another note - tonight at dinner Brett and I were watching Afton (as always) and Brett said, it's such a trip, having a little girl. Afton laughed and said, no daddy, you're a trip. We had a good laugh. 

3 comments:

  1. That is the cutest story! She is such a sweetheart-no wonder you are crazy about her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a precious and tender moment!! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete