Our stairs are divided and halfway up there is a landing where a huge mirror hangs. Every time I walk upstairs I see a little hand print. I noticed it months ago but for some reason I don't want to wipe it away. It was a moment in time, a moment with Afton and although I can't remember the exact moment I can picture her in my arms, watching her reflection. I bet she made some faces, turned her head sideways watching, or maybe even stuck out her tongue. Her curious little hand reached out to make sense of it all and left a perfect little mark.
I have Afton's hand print on numerous pieces of paper and such but for some reason this one on the mirror always tugs at my heart. I feel like time goes too fast and you can't hold onto everything but if I leave the print there, she will be little and curious and still small enough to be in my arms.
That is so sweet and beautifully expressed = ).
ReplyDeleteSo true! There are days and moments I wish I could stop time.
ReplyDelete