Friday, November 1, 2013

First day of preschool, again

So Afton had a rough first day of school. She walked out the door with her head hung low and said the teacher wouldn't let her go to the bathroom. I didn't say much but tried to find out the positives hoping it wasn't that big of a deal. Sure enough the next day I picked her up and she ran straight to the bathroom at the school. She said her teacher wouldn't let her go again.

I wasn't sure what was going on but couldn't imagine her teacher not letting her go. I didn't want to talk about it too much because I wanted Afton to tell me what she was feeling without my opinion.

Well the next school day Afton said she had a headache and didn't feel well and couldn't go to school.
Ugh - at this point I asked the gal up front if we could switch back to Tuesday, Thursday. The waiting list for MWF is pretty big I guess so it was an easy switch. I asked Afton if she'd like to go 2 days a week and she was really excited. I said you'll have a new class and a new teacher but she didn't mind at all.

The next week she started again with Mrs. Mower. When I picked her up she was talking a mile a minute, started showing me all her work and she skipped all the way to the car!! Yay! I can't express how much this lightened my heart. I was feeling so sad.

She loves her new teacher and is excited again for school. She loves taking Mrs. Mower fresh apples from Grandpa Tom's apple trees!




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment