I love the idea of a Christmas Advent but haven't done one yet (aside from the cotton ball Santa) because Afton has been too little to notice. This year she's so excited about Christmas and presents and Santa and baby Jesus so I figured I'd better get going on something.
I was excited for the book advent because I love books. I also have a plethora of wonderful Christmas stories that talk about baby Jesus and Santa. I wrapped each book in plain brown paper and tied some with ribbon and left some plain. Every day Afton gets to open a new one and see which book is inside!!
And on another note, I think being a parent is hard. And scary. I'm responsible to teach Afton about Jesus and the gospel and giving but I also want to let the fun seep in through Santa and reindeer and presents. Yesterday Afton said, Mom I'm so glad Santa comes around to help celebrate Jesus' birthday and I love that that's how she sees it. It is about Jesus and even Santa is coming around for that reason.
(I did have another one half way put together but couldn't quite get it done) Hopefully next year!!



i love the idea of the book advent calendar...you are so creative...when griffin is old enough that is on the list!
ReplyDeleteCute idea. I love Afton's comments about Santa coming for Jesus. What an awesome way of putting it. You are doing an amazing job as a Mom!
ReplyDelete