So the bug guy just left. He sprayed the door frames, the entire perimeter of the house, the windows, the rocks, the edges of the burms and then came inside to spray the molding and under bathroom sinks and in closets.
We've never had anyone spray before and it's kind of pricey (we signed a contract, ugh) but we thought it might be time because of this horrific event that gives me nightmares.
What is it?
The other night while I was blow drying Afton's hair I felt something at the back of her head. I thought what in the heck could possibly be in her nicely cleaned hair? So I pulled her hair up and guess what I saw???
A TICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH MY GOSH.....
I am shuddering now just thinking about it. I cannot get the image out of my brain and you should all be lucky I was way too freaked out to take any pictures because you would be haunted too!
I tried once to pull it out but it wasn't budging so I calmly (not really but I tried) ran to the stairs and yelled for Brett. He came up and by now Afton was a little scared. Long story short, we called my mom because...
and she said to pull it straight out with tweezers and that if we couldn't do it, she would come over.
I couldn't imagine that thing on my child for one more second so I told Brett to just do it. Brett was voting for the emergency room but we couldn't wait that long. We finally had to pin Afton down and Brett pulled it straight out. As I doused the little spot in Rubbing Alcohol and then Neosporin Brett burned the little bugger. AK fell right asleep and hasn't said a word about it since. Granted she had no idea what was really back there!
While she was falling asleep safely in Daddy's arms, I tore through her room vacuuming and turning sheets inside out. I threw everything she and Brett were wearing into the washer and even at 1:00 in the morning I kept sneaking back into her room to run my fingers through her hair.
When I talked to a nurse the next morning she asked where we'd been. In the last week we'd been hiking, at the farm, on the Jordan River Parkway trail and in our own backyard. She kind of laughed. It better not have been on her for a week. It couldn't have been - I am always running my fingers through her hair!
So we've sprayed, I'm still traumatized, and we're off to Moab in the morning. If I see another tick....

LOL.. hopefully everyone has a fun-filled, tick-free time in Moab!!
ReplyDelete