We (me, Afton, Melis, Grandpa, Tally, and Holdy) all jumped in Melissa's car and headed out for the day.
We were amazed at the view and had fun looking around the visitor's center. The kids found interactive exhibits and enjoyed looking through the glass at the replicas of trucks and machinery. Afton didn't last long in the movie so she and I wandered around until it finished.
Grandpa bought each of the kids something special in the little store. Afton chose a horse. Tally chose a beautiful blue rock and Holdy chose a pocket knife with the letter H on the front. Anyone who knows these kids could have predicted each choice!

We left the mine, grabbed some take out and went to Copperton Park. I can't believe I didn't get a full shot of this park. It was amazing. The kids were in heaven and could have stayed all day!
We made it home around 3 and Afton and I both took naps. When Brett got home we jumped in the car and headed back to Grandpa's house for a birthday dinner.
We had a yummy dinner, delicious cupcakes and even more delicious ice cream cones! Thanks mom!

No comments:
Post a Comment