Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The tunnel

I have to be honest. Some days I love living in Lehi and some days I don't.

Days like today, I love it!

Afton and I woke up, had breakfast and hopped on the bike. We rode along the Jordan River trail and as we rode we spotted pelicans and cranes. We continued until we came to the new tunnel under the Pioneer Parkway.

It was really hot when we left so the shade of the tunnel was a relief. The tunnel is pretty long so we were able to run back and forth, back and forth, back and forth (good interval training). Afton loves hearing her voice as an echo and would stop occasionally to listen to a truck passing by overhead.



As we took a minute to walk onto the rocks leading to the river we spotted a little snake. Afton sat right down and wondered if the snake was trying to find it's daddy. Awww



Sometimes when we're out hiking or exploring Afton likes to sing this song: We won't give up till we're through that's what explorer's do who's afraid who's afraid not me, are you? I didn't quite get the beginning but it's still adorable!

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute! Love the pictures. Riley loved the picture of the snake! What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete