I hate days like today when I feel guilty for being frustrated. Sometimes I feel like should be more grateful than other mom's because I have Afton.
And sometimes because of that thought I feel really bad when I get frustrated with her but for some reason, whatever reason I am feeling the growl.
Maybe it's because as Afton was washing hands she put her cute little fingers under the faucet and sprayed water everywhere. It's just water, it can't hurt anything but it's everywhere and I just cleaned and I can feel the grrrrr coming from the back of my throat.
Maybe it's because as Afton was washing hands she put her cute little fingers under the faucet and sprayed water everywhere. It's just water, it can't hurt anything but it's everywhere and I just cleaned and I can feel the grrrrr coming from the back of my throat.
or when I go to change a diaper and Afton keeps lifting her bum in the air so the diaper just won't line up. Another grrrrr
or when she's been playing contentedly by herself and I finally get a return phone call I need to take and all of the sudden she's stepping on my toes and tugging my sweater. grrrrr
or when she's not listening and I ask her to look at my eyes and she looks everywhere in the room but at me. grrrr
or when she's not listening and I ask her to look at my eyes and she looks everywhere in the room but at me. grrrr
and that little grrrrr makes me feel guilty and I have to stop and put things in perspective.
The water in the bathroom is dry
her diaper is on
the phone call is over
whatever she was doing that caused her not to listen has passed
whatever she was doing that caused her not to listen has passed
and
it's nap time and she's almost asleep, safe and sound in her cozy little bed with her cute stuffed animals, and her favorite blanket. She is so peaceful and content and quiet and I am no longer growling.
I'm sure there will be many times I feel that grrrrr rising up but I know that for the most part it doesn't matter. Whatever the cause, it's usually harmless and when Afton won't look into my eyes, I usually end up laughing!
This seriously brought tears to my eyes. I feel that grrr everyday but to read the last part of this entry made me tear up. You are right. It's all about perspective and I need to have more of that. What a sweet Mom. I love reading your blog because it always helps me be a better Mom. Thanks. Afton is the luckiest girl around.
ReplyDelete