Friday, June 10, 2011

Love

Today I was standing in the shower looking down at a little body running circles around me, a mermaid in each hand, a barrette still in her hair.

I can't believe she is mine!

I love her silliness
I love her innocence
I love the curls at the end of her hair
I love when she leans in for a kiss, lips all puckered
I love her voices, sometimes she's soft and high and sometimes deep
I love when she grabs my hand to take me somewhere
I love the way she says louder when she wants me to repeat something (from Dora)
I love when she'll (rarely) climb into bed with me and snuggle
I love her smile
I love her goofy laugh that's too loud and forced
I love how she crosses her ankles in her car seat
I love when she whispers
I love hearing her pray
I love watching her opinions form about food, clothes, and how she wants things done
I love watching her run to her daddy after a long day
I love her mad face when the skin between her eyebrows wrinkles up
I love her big brown eyes
I love that she loves to paint
I love watching her dance
I love her eyelashes
I love watching her be kind to other children

I love, I love, I love.....

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet. What an awesome list of things that Afton is doing and the love you have for her. You are such a great Mom. I love this post.

    ReplyDelete