Sunday, February 13, 2011

St. George

This weekend my Dad and I went to St. George to spend some much needed time with Zane and Ivy.

We left around 11:30 and it felt great to be in the car, on the road, heading out of town. The drive is so familiar to me after living in St. George and Cedar but it's been a while since I've gone anywhere. I was excited. I drove for a while as my dad snoozed. Every now and then he would ask if I was ok. Are you kidding? I am wide awake and loving this!

We grabbed Zane and Ivy around 4. We only got a few minutes with Rach before she left for work. Once we left Zane took us to this great hiking spot. We spent about 2 hours hiking and climbing. It was beautiful. Dad was in shorts, the rest of us in t-shirts. I've missed the warm sun and loved every minute!

The temperature dropped significantly when the sun went down and we went to Subway for some yummy sandwiches.

After Subway we headed to a little fun center and played a round of miniature golf. The set up was really cool and everything glowed in the dark. Zane doesn't know his own strength and Ivy kept us giggling. These two kids are so much fun!

The next morning my dad and I met Matt and we drove to Zion National Park. It was beautiful and we couldn't wait to get down to the river. It was pretty warm but the breeze kept the air cool. I stayed in full gear all day and was just fine.
We had so much fun walking through the river, feeling the sun on our faces. We didn't have a lot of luck with the fish. We assumed the recent flood might have impacted the flow of the river.
Regardless, we had a great time and Dad and I felt a little bad leaving Matt to enjoy the weather without us.

Brett called during the drive to let me know Afton had reached her limit without her mommy. I was excited to get home. During the drive we saw 2 bald eagles, a few hawks and hundreds of deer.

Once we got home Grandpa walked me in and Afton went right to him and hugged him over and over. It was cute and I'm glad she loves my dad so much!

My dad is a great person to hang out with! We always have fun together and like the same adventures. He likes to joke around saying that I am fun as long as I am fed and warm! So true!

The night before I left there was an earthquake (2.8) and while I was gone there were 2 more. I was a little nervous coming home wondering if (when) it might happen again. Luckily we haven't had any since then.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures of the red rock and blue skies. Sounds like you had a blast. I am not just a touch jealous-I'm VERY jealous! We mother's need those types of weekends! How fun to spend it with your family!

    ReplyDelete