Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Afton

I am just sitting here thinking about Afton and how long we waited for her and how much we love her.

It's hard to believe she is 2 and getting bigger and older every day. The last two years are now pictures, memories, journal entries, scrapbook pages, little books, boxes of never or barely worn clothes, and hand prints. I wouldn't trade my experiences with Afton for anything in the world.

I hope I am a good mom and I hope more than anything that Afton will be happy and healthy and know she is loved beyond comprehension.

I feel very lucky to be home and I know Afton is grateful when she sleeps in or has a pajama/cartoon day. She isn't rushed and we're able to spend time together whether it's playing with horses, going for a walk, or painting a picture. I wouldn't want to miss one day of this little persons life and every day she seems to grow and change. 

Sometimes Brett and I sit together and think back to our life before Afton. We wanted her so badly and although we were able to take nice vacations, go on dates, buy nice clothes, and come and go as we pleased we knew she was the life we wanted. I'd trade any great thing for my sweet little spirit and I'm so, so, so lucky to be her mom!

3 comments:

  1. You are a wonderful mom Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I know of you and from your blog you are an amazing mother and teacher! We should get our girls together someday to play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a great mom! We need to get together again. I got a pass to Discovery Gateway that comes with some guest passes... so we should go!

    ReplyDelete