It's really the little things that make up every day and I love the little things.
Here's what life is like at our house lately.
AFTON:
Takes a bath every night and loves to play with her turtles, Dora, a baby bottle, and a little whale with holes in it. Dad usually does bath time unless he is playing ball.
Doesn't have a very big appetite. She likes a little milk in the morning but doesn't really want breakfast. Sometimes I just put instant breakfast in her milk. She's pretty good when it comes to lunch, but it depends on the day. She likes chicken nuggets, vegetable beef soup, bean and cheese burritos, cucumbers, corn, peas, green beans and oranges. Dinner can be a bit of a fight as well. I'm not big on pushing her to eat but sometimes I know she needs a little food in her tummy.
Takes a nap every day around 1:30 - 2:00. She will sleep anywhere from 2 to 3 hours. I love it. Sometimes I lay down, sometimes I watch tv or work on my computer. I have a hard time focusing on a project when she's asleep. The house is so quiet I feel like I should have quiet time too.
Loves to read 'The Rain Came Down', "Little Raccoon's Big Question", and "The Bear Feels Sick' before bed. I always rotate the books in each of her baskets and it's fun to see which of the new books become her favorites.
Sleeps in her crib still and has two bunny head blankets and a silky cream blanket she can't sleep without. She loves to wear her foot pajamas. She has frogs, pandas, and stripes with a bear on the front.
Weighs about 28 pounds. Her tubes are still in place which has been wonderful. I can't believe how much time we spent at the doc and on antibiotics before.
Goes back and forth between her kitchen and her doll house. She has some little brown horses she carries everywhere and spends a little time with her baby dolls. She has a tool set and she loves to work on things.
Loves to play Horsey with daddy and laughs and laughs as he riles her up. She cries when it's time to stop. In fact, I can hear her now...
Doesn't want me to cut her nails. She won't let me near her feet but tolerates her hands for brief periods of time. For a while she would come and ask me to get the clippers.
Loves to play with my hair. She is slightly obsessed with it actually and will sit behind me and 'do' my hair. She will say round and round while she flips it in circles.
Likes to put a paper towel UNDER her plate when she eats. She also likes to wipe her hands during her meal.
Loves the mini handrail on our stairs. She always holds on with one hand and carries whatever it is she wants up or down in the other hand. If she forgets something she likes to go back and get it herself. Ok by me
Loves doing laundry. The only problem is that the clean and dirty tend to get a little mixed up and who wants to sniff to re-sort? Not me
Favorite movie is Spirit: Stallion of the Cimaron. She really loves horses.
Likes to say Oh Dear and it is adorable. Sometimes when I play with her I am so fascinated by her I don't play well because I can't stop staring.
HEATHER:
I've subbed twice this month. I do like getting out but find it a little boring and I am always grateful to be able to stay home the next day. I couldn't imagine working right now.
Having a hard time getting to the gym. I know it makes me feel better but it's definitely hard with a 2 year old and I am so unmotivated.
My monitor hasn't been working so I have neglected my blog.
I haven't been taking very many pictures lately either and I am a little behind on Afton's scrapbook.
Now that my monitor is working I am hoping to quickly get caught up.
I am ready to paint and redecorate my house.
I read every night and whenever I can during the day.
I feel tired a lot.
My hair is kind of short again but I like it. One day I'll realize it looks better this way and quit trying to grow it out.
I am excited for American's Next Top Model and Project Runway to start over for the year!
BRETT:
Just finished a week long work trip to Houston. We missed him.
Still playing basketball with his rec. league team.
Climbing whenever possible. (whenever I'll go)
Anxious for spring. He can't wait to get in the garden. He spent yesterday outside in the freezing cold spreading fertilizer before today's storm.
Can't wait to get home every day and play with Afton.
Loves to watch football and basketball and anything on the nature channel.
It's hard to remember everything about right now so I'm sure I'll keep adding to the list.
Basically, life is good and we are healthy and happy!
Afton is darling to read about! Glad you are all doing well.
ReplyDelete