Saturday, November 20, 2010

Fall fishing with Dad!

Today was so much fun. I met my dad at a parking lot at 8:30 in the morning. We put on our waders and boots and hit the road. Once we found a good spot we put on more gear. Jackets, hats, another coat, glasses, and a fishing vest to be exact. I love the feeling of my waders when I first step into the water. I can feel the water pushing down on my feet and everything tightens.

As we moved through the water we would hit pockets of air that seemed almost warm with no wind and a few minutes later I would be freezing. It stayed like that the entire time we were gone and we kept thinking a storm was rolling in but nothing hit.

As we were taking off our gear and packing up our poles a gust of wind came through and almost blew me over. I stumbled and had to grab the jeep. We ended up driving a little further around a bend so my dad could get out and get his waders off. Whew!

We stayed for a couple of hours, moved to a couple of different spots and picked up 12 or so fish each. My big one got away...doesn't it always? Dangit



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool! I just didn't know this part of you existed! I have never fly fished in my life and really want to try it some time. My husband loves to fly fish. I am so glad you got to go do that with your dad. What a fun memory.

    ReplyDelete