Monday, October 18, 2010

Content

Afton and I woke up early today. We walked downstairs in the dark, in our pj's and snuggled up on the couch. After a while I got up and made Afton a bottle. I walked through my clean house opening blinds, looking at the frost on the lawn. The heater kicked on with a familiar smell and I couldn't help but feel grateful to be home.

I love Brett for working hard so I can stay home and raise Afton. We knew it would be hard but I wouldn't trade a minute of my time with her for any amount of money or any other experience.

Days like today help me realize how lucky I am and it feels good to be grateful!

Thanks honey!

1 comment:

  1. What a great reminder and way to put it Heather. I loose track so often of the blessing it is to be home with my kids. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete