The doctor suggested tubes.
Brett and I decided that was a good decision and spent our morning at the Central Utah Surgical Center.
Afton got her own little bracelet and a name tag!
She was very quiet and thoughtful as we sat in the waiting room.
The nurse had us change Afton into this little tiny hospital gown and little hospital socks. She looks so sad!
This little lion was a gift from the hospital and Afton
held on tight while she waited for the doctor to come
and get her.
I started to pace the hallway and before I even had
time to worry the nurse was coming out to get me.
It was over! Brett and I were so anxious to see
Afton! It was so sad walking into the recovery room.
Seeing her little tiny body under the blankets, her finger
in a little gadget and a mask over her face made me feel so
helpless and so grateful she is generally so healthy.
We were relieved when she came to and scooped her up
in our arms. She cried and cried all the way home and finally
settled into a nice three hour nap (after a little milk and motrin).
When she woke up she was SO happy.
She is running around, talking more (if possible), eating more,
and just seems lighter! I'm glad we went through with this procedure and hope our days of infection are over for good!
I am so grateful for technology and the doctors who study these techniques. We are so lucky!

Aww.. she does look so sad in those photos! Poor thing. Hopefully this is the end to all those doctor visits!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that she is better. I bet it was hard to see her like that! Jordan had THREE ear infections in the last two months as well. It's been a rough winter. We are ready for spring!
ReplyDeleteShe's such a cutie, glad she's doing well!
ReplyDeletePoor little thing! I'm glad she is doing better! That would be so hard to see them in the hospital.
ReplyDeleteSweet Afton! I'm glad she is feeling better!
ReplyDelete