Monday, February 15, 2010

Our Valentine's Day!

Eight years ago today Brett and I went on our first date! For some reason Brett wanted to wait until AFTER Valentine's Day to take me out! LOL

Karen (Brett's mom) had been trying to set us up for a little while. She and I taught school together and somehow she managed to set up a coincidental meeting! :)  Up until that point Brett and I had both been hesitant!

Once we saw each other we decided to give it a try and spent our first date going to the Olympics with Russ and Krista! Krista was pregnant with Z and had her head hanging out the window for most of our drive! (I get it now)

When we got downtown Krista handed me this huge Olympic jacket to wear. I'm sure I gave her a look that said 'whatever' but I put it on for a picture. Now we laugh because of course I wanted to look cute and felt the jacket was way to big. Although looking back at the picture I think I could have gotten away with it! Oh well!

Those two were great company for a first date. They were fun and talkative and helped ease the nervous tension! LOL!

I also think it's funny how short I am compared to those three! (and the rest of the family, girls included)


Screaming in the bubble!



Ever since that day we have celebrated Valentine's Day on the 15th of February. Tonight, eight years later we saw the movie Valentine's Day and found ourselves sitting in Red Robin watching the Olympics and thinking back to that first night!

Thank goodness for mothers! They really do know best! :)


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Happy first date anniversary! Sounds like a fun tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! And I never really thought about you being shorter than the rest of us, but now that you point it out... most of the Keetch boys did marry tall women. I still love ya just the same even though you're a shorty. ;)

    Sorry we didn't make it to the movie - was it cute?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Keetch's can always make an evening fun! Glad you joined the family! How was the movie?

    ReplyDelete