Lately I have been feeling a little crowded. I have let January get the best of me and have found myself sulking around a little. I haven't been doing the things I normally do to stay happy. Exercise, photography, writing, fishing, hiking, dates with Brett, etc. All of these have taken a back seat to my somber mood. I feel as drab as the weather. The air is gross, my hair is dull, and I am ready to throw away everything in my house.
For about six weeks someone has been sick, which hasn't helped anything. Afton had RSV and along with that a double ear infection. Along with the ear infection Afton was throwing up and not sleeping well. And as if that wasn't enough poor Afton had her two top teeth come in and her molars are coming in as well. She has been a wreck.
Brett was super sick for a couple of weeks and between those two we spent a good deal of time at the doctor's office. Luckily I only got hit for a few days after they were both well. I think (hope) we are in the clear and I know we are ready for a vacation. At this point even St. George sounds inviting. 50 degrees and sunshine! I'm there!
6 weeks of sickness and yucky air has left me with a pretty hefty to do list.
I have multiple projects sitting around, photographs, scrapbooking, painting, various activities, sewing. Oh and not to mention my blog which only gets a tiny piece of me. Throughout the day I think of things I want to write and then I get busy and today turns into tomorrow and so on. Oh well, I guess a piece is better than nothing.
I have been organizing drawers and cupboards though. It feels nice to have some things clean and organized. I have also given away a lot of my clothes and shoes. My closet is happy and my give away pile continues to grow. I want to get rid of everything (like I said above) but I should probably keep something to wear and eat out of.
Well, hopefully I can shake the January junk and get focused again. I have things to write, pictures to take, books to read, drawers to organize, projects to finish, and people to spend time with! Oh, and I am also starting a Way Back When segment for my blog. One more thing to do...
I am in the give everything away mood too. It just feels so good to look around and see empty space sometimes..
ReplyDeleteHeather-I blog as much as I can since this is MY journal and MY scrapbook! And good luck coming out of the yucky slump!
ReplyDeleteI hope you can shake the dullness! Sounds crappy! It was so good to see you at Christmas! I loved getting to catch up = ).
ReplyDeleteI totally have the January junk mood too. No one has been sick, but Tanner doesn't sleep well anymore...so we're all a little bugged. We should do something so we can get out of this crappy mood!
ReplyDeleteAAAAAHHHHHH. January is almost GONE! What happened? It used to be that time flew when you were having fun. Sometimes it flies even when you're not...
ReplyDelete