Saturday, December 12, 2009

Little sleepless vacation!

AS a Christmas bonus, QED (Brett's work) decided to take everyone to the Zermatt Resort in Midway for a little getaway!
Brett and I talked about going and discussed how we would feel leaving Afton overnight. Up until now we hadn't left her for more than a few hours and we (I) was a little worried.
We decided to go for it and here are a few photos!

The complimentary 8 by 10 photo! The photographer said the girls should be happy because he 'airbrushed' all the photos. I am so grateful for the beautiful orange glow!






The white elephant gifts moved quickly this year (thank goodness)! Brett got these great napkins with the napkin holder included and I got this super t-shirt with ladies doing ? on it. The guy who brought it was pretty proud!

 
During the night my sister (who was sleeping at my house with her two boys) kept texting me letting me know everything was OK. She said Afton didn't even miss us which was a little bitter sweet.

Afton and Tally watching a movie, eating cookies!



Afton and Holden playing in Afton's favorite container!


So, obviously everything was fine (as I knew it would be) but Melis was nice to keep in touch.

After dinner Brett and I went swimming with his brother (who also works at QED) and my sister in law Tiff. Tiff and I stayed in the hot tub almost the entire time while the boys braved the outside pool! Brrrrrr!

After swimming we went back to our room...

And I couldn't sleep!

I was excited when it was finally time to wake Brett and go home!
We grabbed a muffin and some hot chocolate for the drive and finished our little getaway chatting and enjoying the scenery!

Thanks Melis and thanks QED!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a good time. What a great sis to keep in touch with you and keep your mind at ease while out having fun with the hubby!

    ReplyDelete