Sunday, March 8, 2009
Time flies!
Afton is 5 months old. I can't believe how quickly 5 months have passed. (although when I was living those 5 months they actually seemed quite long.) I have spent a lot of time wondering which side I nursed on last, when the last diaper was changed and asking myself in the shower if I already used shampoo on my hair? Sound familiar?
I have recovered from Mastitis and Afton is recovering from a double ear infection and a yeast infection – I know... poor kid. She had a rough week. She wasn't napping at all and only sleeping around 5 hours a night. Mom and baby were both EXHAUSTED!
But today is sunny and cheerful (despite the fresh snowfall) and I am optimistic. Afton is taking a nice morning nap and last night she slept for nine hours (with a small break after 7). Whew! Motherhood is great!
Here are a few stats on my sweet little munchkin:
*Afton is saying her b's, v's, d's (dadadada) Brett is in heaven, n's, m's (momomomo) I am in heaven although of course we all know she isn't saying either of those intentionally. But we can still enjoy!
*Afton loves her feet – she puts them on everything and has started grabbing her toes constantly. She doesn't seem to want them in her mouth (fine by me) but she loves to grab them and wrastle them around.
*Afton loves her highchair and sits up well. It must feel good to have some independence.
*Afton will shake whatever you give her to see if it makes noise.
*She loves banging anything. Making noise makes her happy. She is pretty good with her plastic spoon and tupperware bowl.
*Afton weighs 18 pounds. The doctor said she is eating well. Haha!
*Afton never liked tummy time so I never did it. She learned to roll a couple of months ago from her tummy to her back but she doesn't seem to have any interest in rolling the other way. I suppose someday she'll see something she wants badly enough to entertain the thought.
*Afton has never been inside a grocery store. I prefer to go alone.
*Afton LOVES her daddy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment