Sunday, December 30, 2012

Too big?

So I've seen this idea all over Pinterest and decided to give it a try using a picture of Afton and Santa. It was really easy and fun but definitely huge!

To start I went to Staples and ordered the largest print they could make (3 by 4 feet) and then I went to Home Depot and bought a large piece of insulation foam board. They cut it to size right there but when I got home I realized you could see right through the paper. The paper is very thin...

I decided to paint the edges red and this picture isn't actually adhered in any way aside from a little piece of tape at the top. I decided that rather than store it I would roll it back up, stick it in an old wrapping paper tube and either reuse or discard the foam board. I don't have a lot of storage so the thought of storing it all year is kind of daunting. And really the whole thing cost around $11 so you could almost make a new one each year. Hmmm

Regardless of all that, I love how it looks and I have enjoyed having it in my kitchen for the holidays!!


1 comment:

  1. It turned out so cute! I wish I could have seen it in person. Have you already put it away? Love Afton in her little undies. So cute.

    ReplyDelete