Friday, December 7, 2012

Getting the tree

Afton loves getting the Christmas tree and as much as I complain about not having a fake tree I really do like getting a tree as well. We love the atmosphere and bundling up and examining trees to find just the right one but sometimes I think it would be so easy to pull one out, lights and everything, and just set it up. No waiting, no mess, no drying out, no pine needles all over the house, no more money, etc.

But...we've got a compost pile to think about. (I'll add a picture soon) And this year it's a 5 foot tall, charcoal in the middle, steaming on a cold day kind of pile. Brett wouldn't dream of getting a fake tree and missing out on all the nutrients a real tree will provide. He's even talked about getting other people's trees when they're done this year and adding them to the pile! Oh boy...




Afton and Brett were having so much fun playing hide and seek. I loved watching Afton's face as she searched for Brett or waited for Brett to find her!!





2 comments:

  1. such cute pictures! love that I have ur blog address!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! There's nothing like having a real tree in the house at Christmas time. I miss it so much! I love that they played hide and sneak. You are such fun parents.

    ReplyDelete