I can't believe Afton had a cavity...
I took her to Brett's dentist the last time he had a checkup and Dr. Meier was kind enough to let her lay in the chair (on my lap) and look into her mouth. I was shocked when he said she had a cavity. Apparently she has deep depressions in her molars (just like daddy) and there wasn't much I could have done.
I ended up taking her to my Dentist, Dr. Howe to have it filled. He gave Afton some gas and she still doesn't even know she got a shot in her mouth. She was so brave and when Dr. Howe found another cavity right next to the first he worked so fast Afton didn't seem to notice.
Every now and then she would hold her little hands up in front of her face and wiggle them. It made me giggle and wonder, why don't I ever get the gas??
We also had pig with us, who was very comforting. Afton was glad having pig in the chair with her.
As we left I told Afton her mouth was numb and she needed to be careful with her tongue, cheek, and lips. We got a Jamba Juice but Afton was still hungry after so she ate a little and that must have been when she bit her lip.
She didn't complain much until Sunday night when we were up every 30 to 45 minutes the entire night. Her lip had become a sore and every time she moved it hurt. I took her to the Dr. the next morning and he said all I could do was Motrin and some Anbesol numbing cream. Her throat was red so she had a strep test which came back negative. The numbing cream really seemed to help and we're working on catching up on our sleep!


Poor thing! I hate it when they are hurting (and when it happens at night it's a bit rough).
ReplyDeleteThe dentist is never fun! She was a trooper though! Sorry you had a bad night though, that's never fun! Hope she recovers quickly!
ReplyDelete