Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Swimming lessons!

This year I took Afton to the American Fork Rec. Center for swimming lessons. She had eight, 30 minute lessons and 5 kids in her class. She really seemed to enjoy her time in the pool and loved playing ring around the rosy. At the beginning she wandered away a few times and I would grab her but finally told one of the cute teachers that they were 'welcome to keep her with the class'. Sheesh

When it was all said and done Afton loved putting her face under water, was learning to float, and when Brett and I took her back she actually jumped off the diving board!

I had the hardest time deciding which photos to use. I have so many I just love. Maybe I'll do a photo book!


She had two teachers (I think they were sisters) and this one was really good with Afton. 




Before starting swimming lessons Afton wouldn't put her face in the water. After the first couple of days this is what she looked like!


Where's the class? Where are the teachers? Who am I paying?
This made me laugh because I just happened to catch this little girl looking at Afton's swimming suit. It was really cute.

Alone again? 




Posted by Picasa
The last day of class the teachers gave each child a certificate and a sucker. I soon realized the teacher had been calling Afton ASTON and that was what she'd written on the certificate. What did she think her nick name was???



No comments:

Post a Comment