Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day hike

Am I lucky or what to be the Mom of this cute kid?? I'll admit though - Mother's Day was rough for me this year. I am so grateful to have Afton and I love every minute we spend together but there's still that little piece of me that harbors a sadness for kids I feel I'm missing. I had expectations today and that made it all worse. I was grumpy, Brett was inadequate and no one could read my mind. I wanted to drive over the Alpine Loop and go to Cascade Springs but the Loop was closed so we found a fun little hike and took off. Afton insisted on her bringing her horse and at one point we found a fun climbing tree and stopped for photos!

All said and done it was a fun day and I know I'm loved but I realize I need to plan ahead for days like that. No expectations = no hard feelings. 
Feeling sad about not having more kids = okay to feel






Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment