Last year I had Easter eggs filled with stickers and fuzzy yellow chicks, I had an informative little board book explaining why Jesus died and how he came back to life. I had dye for eggs and a whole bag full of other stuff.
Luckily it was all just fine in storage for a year and I was able to use it all this year. I did add a few things to the eggs (candy) and gave her the book before Easter so we could read and learn. At one point as we were talking about going to Grandma Sandy's for dinner we explained there would be an Easter egg hunt but the real reason we were going was to celebrate Jesus. Afton looked at us and said, Will Jesus be there?
I love her little mind and her sweet spirit. She loves to talk about Jesus!
She ended up taking the little book to my parents and she and my mom and dad read it about 10 times!
The night before Easter I put some glow sticks in some of the eggs and Afton had a blast finding glow in the dark eggs. She would find them all and then tell me she was leaving the room so I could hide them again!!!
Easter morning Afton found a basket containing a little Barbie mermaid, a huge flower pinwheel, a stuffed bunny and chick, and 2 new toothbrushes. After that we decorated eggs and made sugar cookies before heading off to my mom's house!
Earlier this week my mom met us at Old Navy and Afton was able to choose her Easter dress. She loved this yellow one immediately and was excited to wear it on Easter!
Later that night we went to the Keetch's for an Easter egg hunt and dessert!
Man you take AMAZING pictures. Ever single one of them is so cool! Looks like such a fun Easter. I am going to have to remember the glow in the dark egg hunt for next year! Such a great idea!
ReplyDelete