Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Letter V

Can I just say I am really enjoying joy school? It's not really joy school but a few mom's who trade off teaching each week. We have a schedule and we stick to it pretty closely and the kids seem to have a great time.

This week I had the letter V and decided to talk about vegetables. I have some stuffed vegetables (with faces and they were a big hit) I bought when I was teaching and lots of great books.

We did a lot of fun activities today but the kids were the most excited about painting and planting. We used carrots and celery to create our wonderful paintings and as they were drying we walked out to the garden, gathered up some soil and went back in to plant peas. While planting peas we ate carrots and celery dipped in a little tiny cup filled with ranch dressing!

We did a finger play about carrots growing in the garden, learned a new song about vegetables and spent the last few minutes of the day just playing outside!






No comments:

Post a Comment