Christmas Eve at the Keetch's is always fun. This year we met early, had breakfast for dinner and everyone was home by 9:00. It was a first and we were glad to be home early now that Afton is old enough to open a X-Mas Eve present and put out cookies for Santa.
Tiff always helps the kids with the nativity and Afton was an angel this year. She was a cute little angel. She loves to dance around and she loves spending time with her cousins!
This adorable Scentsy frog was her cousin gift from Tia and it smells so yummy.
Afton LOVES her baby Avery. She wants to hold her, touch her toes, fix her clothes, make sure she's okay and anything else Tiff will allow.
Can I just say that Afton absolutely ADORES her cousin Kennedy! These two have some kind of bond and Afton is just drawn to this cute girl!!!! Luckily Kenna seems to have the same pull toward Afton and the two just make each other so happy!
Christmas Eve PJ's! My Little Pony for my little sweetie! I suppose I am making progress as a mother (or just a person) because when I first found out I was having a girl I didn't want anything pink. I thought I could get away with yellow, green, brown and maybe a tiny bit of light pink but pink pink was definitely out. Boy was I wrong. As soon as I started getting presents and buying clothes I realized pink was unavoidable and actually pretty cute. I wanted to keep the nursery neutral and light with pinks and greens and browns but definitely added punches of pink with flowers and blankets. Once Afton was old enough to choose her own clothes guess what she chose? PINK!!! That's when I finally embraced it for good. Now I buy pink pants, pink shirts, pink toothbrushes, pink everything!!! Why not? She loves it!
Having said that I also knew I would never buy commercial items like My Little Pony PJ's or a toothbrush with a picture of a TV character but that didn't last long either. Who knew Afton's favorite show would be Diego or that she would watch Dora over and over?
When I saw these I knew she'd love them but I did look for plain pink or polka dot pink or striped pink before actually picking them up. But even then I knew she would love these so I bought them and had a really hard time keeping them a secret until Christmas Eve!
Afton wanted her stocking on this chair with these cookies laid out for Santa! She also put my stocking on the love seat and Daddy's stocking on the big couch! Christmas has been so much fun this year!!!
Christmas Morning!!!!!!!!
Afton was peeking downstairs and was so excited I'm not sure how she waited or how I stayed with her!
Come on Mom, it's CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cute Daddy Brett waiting to record everything!
Afton was excited to get her new unicorn. She hasn't really named her animals in the past but she did start calling this one Lolly!
This year Brett and I filled each others stockings. I love doing this because we are limited to size and a dollar amount so we have to really think about the other person!
I got a much wanted Martin Sexton CD, a huge and delicious Hershey Bar, and some cushy white socks. Brett got some new pajama bottoms (they didn't quite fit into the stocking), some red vines, and a few more goodies! And the cute shoes in the picture??? Funny story!
I'm sure you can tell who picked this out! I loved this puzzle when I saw it and was happy it was only a 750 piece puzzle. Last year the 1000 piece took up our kitchen table a little too long.
We love having something to work on during the long, dark nights and a puzzle is something you can come back to whenever you have time. Everyone who came over was able to stop, relax and take a turn putting the pieces together.
Christmas Day at Grandma and Grandpa Watrous' home.
This is Rose, Afton's new bear and above is her beautiful little trunk filled with clothes, batons, wands, bracelets, and a few of Rose's little stuffed animals!
One of my mom's motto's. She would always say this when we were getting ready and we (her kiddos) have always quoted her.
Wash your face
Brush your teeth
Comb your hair

No comments:
Post a Comment