Saturday, January 14, 2012

Beautiful hike and Instagram

We sure enjoyed our Saturday morning today. We sat around in our pj's until 11:30 goofing off and drinking smoothies. Once we finally got ourselves ready to go we were excited to hit the mountains for a hike. You'd think in all that time I would have been able to get my camera battery charged, but nope. I didn't even look at it until we left.

We snapped a few photos at the beginning of our hike (a fun group of boulders) and the battery died before we even left the car.

But I wasn't entirely sad because I had the chance to try out some Instagram photos. There's one gal I just love and her blog is full of these photos (I'll link her later). I have always loved them (even though I am such a fan of bright, light, clear photos) and was excited to try a few of my own. I love the vintage old school look. I feel like I am looking at photos of my grandparents ranch and the sage and skies in Central Utah.

Brett loves taking pictures and it's nice to be in the photo's once in a while!

Afton could have stayed here all day. She loves climbing over and around these boulders and only needed my help a couple of times. I of course just hovered because I am a spaz that way! She might need me....

Instagram shots
1. Grandpa Tom was on the trail ahead of us with his friend Paul. We got on the phone and looked up and waved once we were in the open and we left this little message saying Grandpa Tom so he would see it on the way down.
2. Afton loves getting her hands dirty.
3. I really love sagebrush. I love the look, the smell, the color. When I am hiking I like to pinch a little between my fingers and just breathe it in.
4. It was obviously warm enough for Brett to have his shirt off!!! It must have been around 50 and on the hillside it seemed even warmer. Brett kept trying to get me to take my shirt off! :)
5. Me
6. Shadow shot - we are always right behind her.

1. Kissing shadow shot.
2. Hitching a ride.
3. Sliding down a little dirt hill.
4. Cool shot, amazing blue sky.
5. More sliding.
6. Laughing at Brett - not sure why.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment