Saturday, November 12, 2011

First Dance Performance

I can't believe my little girl is old enough to be on stage, dancing and waving and blowing kisses!

I was barely able to take pictures because my eyes kept tearing up. Of course it was one of those happy, sad cries. I was so proud and felt so much love along with some disbelief. Is that my little girl?

I was a nervous wreck all week wondering how I would get Afton to eat, get her hair curled, get her makeup on (wasn't excited about that and didn't really do it, she's 3!!!), and get to the South Towne Expo Center on time.

She did eat a good lunch and I bribed her to get her hair done and as I said I wasn't to keen on the idea of makeup so I skimped on that a little and did get to the Expo Center on time but was shocked at how busy it was. Apparently that Christmas Show is very popular. It took forever to park and somehow Brett and I showed up at the same time (he was at our niece's baptism which I was sad to miss) and we ended up following each other across the street to the parking lot by the Mayan and walked in together.

Once in, Afton was of course drawn to the Christmas chaos. We managed to get her to the stage where we sat with some girls in her class and they proceeded to play for 45 minutes while we waited for the show to start.

Once the show started Afton was enamored. She sat on Brett's lap watching and clapping and commenting now and then on costumes or hair.

Just before Afton's turn some older girls came to gather up her little class and took them backstage for a minute. Afton watched these older girls carefully and listened to every word.

Once all of the girls were ready they held hands and walked up the stairs and onto the stage together. Once Afton hit the stage she let go of the girl's hand and just took it all in!

She was adorable and sweet and perfect and I can't believe I stayed as composed as I did!

A quiet moment before leaving for the show.

My little sweetie and her funny (leave me alone) smiles.

Sitting for a moment before the show.

On Brett's lap watching the performance.

Backstage with the older girls!

Walking to the stage.

My little cutie!









































Happy to see Dad when it was all over!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. She's so cute!! I love the pics of her on stage...
    Sad I missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so adorable! Oh my goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOO cute! Can't believe she is so grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, she seems so much older. Love the cute pictures you captured!!! And I love that she still had her cowgirl boots on in one of the photos.

    ReplyDelete