Sunday, July 3, 2011

Pretty little tomboy!

My dad used to joke around and say he didn't raise any girls. He'd usually say this during an arm wrestle or after something gross, like a burp. I am more girl now than ever but even that consists of a little mascara, shaved legs, and painted toenails.

I was such a tomboy growing up. I had trucks and loved to play in the dirt. I shot guns and bows and arrows and loved to camp and ride on the motorcycle. I didn't want to curl my hair and it probably didn't help that on my dad's side of the family Melissa and I were the only girls.

We were surrounded by boy cousins and Afton's situation isn't that different. She has Tally and Holdy to keep her busy. They like to hike around, dig in the dirt, and when Tally had these guns made by Grandpa, Afton knew she wanted one too!

This is a rare sight of Afton in a skirt with a matching hair bow. She would gladly stay in her diaper all day or wear shorts and a t-shirt. For some reason she decided to wear this skirt with her (boy) t-shirt which makes these pictures even cuter!





Posted by Picasa

1 comment: