Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter

Easter is over and I still have 8 white hard boiled eggs in the fridge. I have an untouched Easter basket in the back bedroom, 12 plastic eggs containing little goodies in a bag, also in the back room and an Easter dress on it's way back to the store because no one wanted to wear it!

Oh well!

We did have a BBQ and Easter egg hunt at Grandma and Grandpa Keetch's. Afton loved running around with her cousins looking for candy filled eggs. As she would find one she would open it, eat what was inside and then return to the hunt. Daddy helped her fill her bag and soon she had a nice little pile! She even got a 1$ bill! Time for a piggy bank!
One of the highlights of the evening was looking in a real nest at beautiful blue eggs. Uncle Steve lifted Afton high up in the air so she could look down into the nest. She was very excited.
On Easter Sunday we headed to my parent's house for lunch. It was delicious. Ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, salad, and yummy Tres Leches dessert that Melis made.

Holdy, Tally, and Afton loved the Easter egg hunt. They each had their own fun bucket to fill with treats. They loved opening each egg to see what was inside. Sometimes Afton would take a bite out of something, put it in the bucket and open a new egg.
 
 I am grateful for my amazing husband, my beautiful little girl, my wonderful parents, my favorite sister, my loving brothers, my adorable nieces and nephews, and my loyal friends! I am also grateful for the opportunity I have to experience this life and strive to be a better person.

1 comment: