Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Oh Santa!

Until this year I hadn't even considered taking Afton to see Santa. I've always said that when she 'asks' to see Santa, I'll take her.

But... the other day Peter Breinholt was putting on a free concert at South Towne Mall so Brett met us there. Brett and Afton rode the carousel, we tried to eat lunch, I managed to sit through one of Peter Breinholt's songs and then we found our way to Santa.

They were just about to close for lunch and we were the last in line. There were only two kids ahead of us so we figured we'd at least try. Sure enough, Afton got in there and wanted nothing to do with Santa. It wasn't until he put his arm around me and then Brett and then offered her a candy cane that she finally sat on his lap. I couldn't believe it.

She checked him out for a while, opened her candy cane and we managed to get one picture of them both looking at the camera. That was the closest she ever came to a smile.

I wasn't expecting them to get a photo so of course I was a little bummed when they actually got a few good ones. How can I not buy them? Tricky, tricky. So $30 dollars later I had the rights to 3 pictures and we were on our way.

Oh and did I mention that Santa looks just like Santa? Wow! He even stayed in character a little too long and Brett started pulling me away when Santa was remembering me sitting on his lap. Hmmmm




Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! Those elves are tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute photos!! It was fun seeing you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So DANG cute. I can see why you had to get them. I hate how much they charge though. That was $30 well spent! I love the one of them looking at each other. So cute!

    ReplyDelete