We all signed up (except for cute Loni and her pregnant belly) and that was only the beginning.
I woke up today at 6:15, took a shower, got dressed and headed out the door. I met Melis at my mom's and off we went.
Once we arrived at the check in point we got our goody bags full of deodorant, a spoon, headphones, chapstick, and coupons and then found our friends. Everyone was excited and ready to go.
We left the check in and drove to the starting point. Melis and I pinned our numbers on and watched all the girls getting ready. So many girls were wearing skirts and looked super fit and were stretching and oh my gosh....what have I done.
Our plan was to walk it together but then a couple of girls starting to train (not me) and we ended up pretty spread out. I stayed with Nancy and Sarah, Melis took the lead (and kicked everyone's butt), Jen was right behind her and Anna was right with Jen.
The entire race was beautiful. It wound through the hills, past streams, by the big white barn everybody loves, and the fall colors were rich. We enjoyed the scenery and even snapped a few pictures (to come) along the way.
We all eventually finished, received our pink (run)necklace, pink water bottle and got a gleaming white smile from the guys in suits, sunglasses, and pink ties. Hi...


Go you! That is awesome!
ReplyDeleteYou rock!!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you did that. It makes me want to! How fun. It sounds like a beautiful run. Way to go!
ReplyDelete