I actually enjoyed my birthday this year! I am still a little shocked that I am 36 and feel myself doing the confused 'I'm thinking' head tilt whenever someone actually asks.
The day of my birthday I took Afton to meet Brett at Ikea during lunch time so we could exchange something and Brett showed up with a beautiful bouquet of flowers! :) Yeah (Stories about Ikea another day)
After Afton's nap we drove to Grandma Keetch's house and Brett was waiting to take me out.
We started by going to Italian Village! We both had salad and pizza benders and they were delicious! I don't EVER find myself in that area so the food seemed extra yummy!
After that we headed over to Jordan Commons to watch Eclipse. We had extra time so we played air hockey (I won), Ms. Pac Man (I won) and we both tried to catch a prize with those big claws (I got one)! Did I mention Brett has a broken rib? The fact that we were out doing anything was huge and pretty much tells you why I won everything! :)
When we were done we headed to the theater for the movie! I liked the movie but liked the book so much more. Brett is nice enough to suffer through it for me and I appreciate it (although he did think Victoria was hot)! He is very thoughtful and I had a great night!
We hadn't been out in a long time so it was fun to hang out together. I did start thinking about Afton (kind of obsessively) during the movie and knew I'd hit my limit.
I was happy to see her once we got back to Grandma's house and was even happier as I watched her take her daddy's cheeks in her little tiny hands and kiss him on the lips. Ahhhh.
A few minutes later I told her I loved her and she looked at me and said, 'I love you mommy'! Ahhhh
So...great birthday, great husband, great kiddo, great life!


I'm glad you had a good birthday! I love this picture of you and Brett, you guys are cute!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a great birthday! Afton is such a doll! LOVE that pic of the two of you...SCRAP it and SHARE!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad!! You deserve a great date night out with your man...
ReplyDeleteAnd cute photos! :)