Monday, February 1, 2010

A Day with Dad

I LOVE hanging out with my dad.

On Saturday we headed out into the west desert with fishing poles, jackets, hats, gloves, and junk food.
We didn't have any luck fishing because the snow kept us from getting close to the water and a lot of the water was still frozen. We did however find something else to do. As we were driving we saw a cave on the hillside and thought it would be the perfect spot to soak up some sun. We hiked up the mountain and made a little fire. It was so nice to breath fresh air (except for when we were inhaling smoke) and be in the middle of nowhere. We sat around the fire, talking and laughing, and just enjoying the day!

We ended being gone for about four hours and in that time we saw 25 wild turkeys, 1 golden eagle, 3 bald eagles, 1 coyote, 15 deer, 2 rabbits, 2 blue herons, and around 12 hawks! I'm sure I'm missing something!

During that time we also managed to drink a lot of soda, eat cheetos, donuts, and top it all off with a nice freezing cold ice cream cone!

It was a great adventure! Thanks Dad!
 
Dad's picture looks like an REI ad!
Mine looks like I am falling over!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really fun day! You saw a ton of wildlife!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo fun.. You're a good sport.. I am a fair weather friend, unless it is something inside where its cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too cute that you and your dad are so close. It still gets me everytime that he is your dad, because I will always remember him as my english teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great day. I'm glad Dad still has someone close by to build a fire with.

    ReplyDelete