Why is it that the smoke detector only beeps uncontrollably in the middle of the night?
Is it not capable of beeping during the day? Why couldn't it beep when the sun is shining and
everyone is happy, fed, and awake? And why does it continue to beep even after you've changed the batteries. These are the questions Brett and I had at 3 this morning. Afton slept through the first 30 minutes and just as Brett had the situation under control it beeped again and Afton was up. So now Brett is off to bed and I am awake with Afton. Did I mention this was going to be the night Afton slept until morning? She has had an ear infection and hasn't been sleeping well. I was so excited for a good night sleep. Ugh!
Anyway, at about 4 Brett was sound asleep in the extra room and I brought a somewhat sleepy baby into bed with me. I was finally able to tickle her face and make shushing sounds until she was asleep. Whew - my turn.
For some silly reason I thought Afton might sleep in a little bit. I know, I am CRAZY to think that because of course she was wide awake at 7 and I was ready to cry!
So, the moral to this story is make sure you change your batteries regularly or disable your stinkin' smoke detectors!
I am sooo looking forward to climbing into bed tonight!
Ha Ha!!! Oh I am really so sorry. The life of a Mother:)
ReplyDelete