pink pea in the pod

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Feet



So... for Christmas Brett surprised me and bought a really nice camera. I have wanted one forever and my digital camera wasn't keeping up (although I've taken some nice pictures with it). I had my eye on a few different kinds and ended up with a Nikon. I LOVE IT! And I LOVE BRETT! I'd wondered what we were going to do with my last paycheck - thanks sweetie!

Having said that – Afton has developed an interest in her feet and how her feet touch the swing. As soon as I set her in the swing her cute little feet go right to the bars. She will push on the bars, slide her feet up and down, and kick so hard the swing stops moving. She provides me with hours of entertainment and I can't get enough of her (or her feet)!
Posted by Picasa
Posted by Heather Keetch at 4:36 PM
Labels: Afton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Baby Maya

Click here to view this photo book larger

Create your own custom photo books at Shutterfly.com.

instagram book

Click here to view this photo book larger

Click here to create your own Shutterfly photo book.


My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Labels

4th of July activity Advent Afton Albion Basin Anniversary aquarium art baby baby blessing baby shower backyard BattleCreek Falls Bear Lake bike ride birds Birthday books Brett bubbles BYU camping Candy Capitol Reef Cascade Springs cell phone Christmas Christmas card Christmas Eve Christmas tree Church Cousins craft crafts Dad daddy daddy daughter dance date night Deer Creek dentist Dessert eagles Easter exercise Fairy festival family outing Family photos farm Father's Day fishing flowers Food football friends frog. daddy game Garden Girl's camp Girl's Night girly Grandpa Tom grandparents hair Halloween Heather Heber Creeper Train Hiking holiday home horses Instagram Keetch Keetch family party lehi celebration Love Martin Sexton Maya Me Medical Memorial Day Misc. Moab mom's blog monthly milestone Mother's Day nature nephews New Year's Eve nieces outdoor activity parenting park party photography playground pregnancy Preschool Princess camp projects Pumpkin patch Pumpkins reading stories Recipes Recycling religion Reunion right now Santa school picture scrapbooking service sewing shower sick Silver Lake sisters sleep sleepover snow socks stress summer summer activity swimming teeth Thanksgiving Thanksgiving Point thrift time out tomboy Tracy Aviary trail trick or treating Vacation Valentine's Day Watrous Way Back When Wedding Wheeler Farm Woodland yard Young Women zoo

Three peas in a pod!

Three peas in a pod!

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (24)
    • August (3)
    • July (2)
    • June (3)
    • May (3)
    • April (3)
    • March (5)
    • February (3)
    • January (2)
  • ►  2013 (42)
    • December (1)
    • November (7)
    • October (5)
    • August (2)
    • July (22)
    • April (4)
    • February (1)
  • ►  2012 (85)
    • December (17)
    • November (2)
    • October (8)
    • September (6)
    • August (1)
    • July (5)
    • June (9)
    • May (9)
    • April (6)
    • March (8)
    • February (4)
    • January (10)
  • ►  2011 (95)
    • December (14)
    • November (7)
    • October (10)
    • September (5)
    • August (9)
    • July (7)
    • June (12)
    • May (2)
    • April (9)
    • March (2)
    • February (6)
    • January (12)
  • ►  2010 (99)
    • December (10)
    • November (5)
    • October (13)
    • September (9)
    • August (9)
    • July (11)
    • June (11)
    • May (5)
    • April (10)
    • March (3)
    • February (7)
    • January (6)
  • ▼  2009 (56)
    • December (13)
    • November (4)
    • October (7)
    • September (1)
    • August (3)
    • July (2)
    • June (5)
    • May (4)
    • April (2)
    • March (4)
    • February (8)
    • January (3)
  • ►  2008 (5)
    • December (4)
    • September (1)

My Favorite Blogs

  • Dan and Rachel
    Tucker eats his first lemon
    10 years ago
  • Mike and Desi
    Thanksgiving & Mike's Birthday
    10 years ago
  • A Day In My Life
    DIY Canvas Car Playmat
    10 years ago
  • Andee McDonald Photography
    Erskine Family!
    11 years ago
  • Nate and Kristen
    You Are Enough
    12 years ago
  • Katie and Mike
    Happy Birthday
    12 years ago
  • Justin and Ashley
    Runners Conquerors
    13 years ago
  • Brandon and Loni
    Our Baby Tree
    13 years ago
  • Clinton and Michelle
    Preschool
    13 years ago
  • The PB and J Fam
    Gage's Story Part 1
    14 years ago
  • Garron, Abby, Olivea and Owen Combs
    August 2011 More Update... Ashley's Wedding
    14 years ago
  • From Our Kitchen To Yours
    Crock Pot Teriyaki
    14 years ago
  • The Rasmussens
    Firehouse Field Trip
    14 years ago
  • Two Brown Bears
    14 years ago
  • The Wood family
    Happy Holidays
    14 years ago
  • The Watrous Family Chronicles
    Interesting Video Demonstration Hearing Loss
    16 years ago
  • Christina and Brian
  • Kira Huggins
  • Lindsey and Andrew
  • Becky Gockley
  • Just Another Day In Paradise
  • Lyndy
  • All Things Grandma | The Work of My Camera and the Work of My Hands
  • Kim and Keith
  • Life Styled Simply
  • Jake and Ashley
My photo
Heather Keetch
View my complete profile

Afton Said What?

June 1 - Mom, your teeth are strong like a horse.

June 5 - Can I have a bra mom?

June 15 - I woke up today mom! (yeah)

July 4 - Mom, when you get bigger you'll turn into dad.

July 8 - I was in the bathroom and Afton kept opening the door. She finally slammed it shut and I said thank you. She opened the door again and said, What's that Heather? You ok?

July 12 - As I finished putting lotion on Afton she leaned over and said, thank you for your help mom.

July 28 - Afton and I were walking downstairs and Afton said, Mom you're really pretty! I said thank you and as she grabbed the hand rail she said, Mom this hand rail's pretty too. Gee thanks

August 12 - I need some chocolate mom. It will help my owie feel better.

August 20 - You drive me acorns mom.

October 1 - Grandpa had surgery and Afton was looking at his bruising which was turning purple. She looked at him and then her dress and said, Grandpa, we match!

October 3 - Girls don't spit Afton
Yes they do mom, see (and she spits)

October 10 - Are there ghosts in the house mom? No honey, ghosts are pretend. Are there pretend ghosts in the house mom?

October 13 - I love hanging out with you Afton.
I love hanging out with....grandma. (after a day at Grandma Sandy's)

October 31 - On Halloween night whenever someone opened their door Afton would say, "Trick or Treating".

November 6 - Afton cut her hand helping Dad clean out the garden and when I went to wash it she said, "careful mom, my hand is broken".

November 20 - Afton looked at the window at the snow and said, I want to go outside and catch the yummy cornflakes on my tongue!

November 27 - I was napping upstairs on the couch and heard Brett saying to Afton, don't bug mom. And Afton said, I am not going to bug her, I am just waking her up!

December 6 - As Afton is scooping corn off my plate with her fingers- Mom, you like it when I share don't you?

December 11 - (At dinner) Pancakes please... sausage or bacon? pancakes. sausage or bacon? pancakes. sausage or bacon? pancakes

January 1 - Afton is excited to be a Sunbeam and as we were leaving the church today Afton stopped me and said, Mom, when will I get my sunbeam costume? I don't know why she thinks she has a costume but it was really funny.

January 6 - Me: Today we need to clean and do some laundry.
Afton: Yes, that's important Mom.

January 7 - Afton's pig was in time out and when she came to ask me if she could have it back I asked her why she'd lost it? She wouldn't answer and as she walked back to her dad he asked if she got her pig back and she said, "No, Mom just kept asking me a bunch of questions."

January 9 - Afton's ear is red so I went to look at it and she stopped me and said, Mom are you a doctor?

January 10 - Waiting for a game to download onto my phone - Is it loading down yet Mom?

January 10 - Do you need to go to the bathroom Afton? No Mom, I'm just gassy.

January 11 - Afton was performing some dance moves at Grandma's and she kept saying 'gorilla bait, gorilla bait'. What she meant to say was 'releve, releve'.

January 20 - Afton took money from her bear bank to buy a stuffed animal at Hobby Lobby and after putting a quarter on the counter she said, 'I don't really want to give them anymore mom'. Hmmm, me neither

January 20 - At Thanksgiving Point having ice cream with Grandma and Grandpa W. Afton doesn't want Grandma to leave so she invites her to our house for ice cream. Funny kid

January 24 - Watching Spirit and Afton is commenting on how much Spirit misses her mom so I ask, do you always miss me? No, not when I am at Grandma Sandy's.

January 29 - On her way to time out. I think my toys need to go to time out too Mom.

February 12 - Afton brought a picture home from church showing what she was grateful for - water for the dragon to drink. I asked what the other kids had said and she said food.

March 2 - (big fart) Afton: was that me (looking around)? oh no, that was daddy!

March 5 - Afton giving kisses to Mommy: Cheek (little kiss), cheek (little kiss), nose (little kiss), chin (little kiss), forehead (little kiss), eye and eye (little kisses). Grabs both cheeks with her hands and says "that's a good girl"!

March 17 - On our way to the nursery to buy peas and Afton asks if she's in her church clothes. I say no wondering why she would ask that (she knew she was in play clothes) and realized as we pulled up to the nursery and she said, "is this a church?"
She thought we were going to the nursery at church. Dad explained what nursery meant and she was excited to be there!!!

March 20 - Watching Bambi I asked Afton if she would be sad if I were gone. She gave me a reassuring hug and said, Mom's don't get shot, just deer.

March 22 - Mom stop on the fridge so I can see the water!

March 24 - Riding home from the BYU spring game Afton was sooo tired and excited. Not a good mix. She got frustrated and said shuuuut uuup in a whisper.
Me: AFTON!!! Where did you hear that word?
Afton: I heard it from the birds outside.

April 7 - Getting ready to go to Grandma Sandy's for Easter dinner, we were explaining that we would have an Easter egg hunt and eat yummy food but the real reason we celebrate Easter is because of Jesus. She smiled and said, so will Jesus be there tomorrow?

April 13 - We were talking about my nephews surgery and Afton said, don't worry mom, Jesus will keep him safe.

April 19 - Heading off for a hike in Arches and I put on my old fishing hat (which is completely falling apart) and Afton asked what happened to my hat. I told her it was my fishing hat and she asked, have the fish been biting it?

April 19 - Going on a bucation, going on a bucation.

April 24 - I just roast beefed it mom!

May 2 - I love you Afton, I love you so much. I love you the biggest mom!

May 4 - I'm going to get my skills to help me climb that.

May 5 - Okay mom, watch as I past a big spell!

I wish I had a little horse so I could gallop.

Kiki is a bird drink for a bird mom.

May 20 - Can I have a brother or sister?
Probably not.
Can I have a dog then?

June 1 - Can we go to Chick BFlay mom?

August - I wish to become a mermaid...

August 26 - Have some alfredo noodles Afton. I'm not afraid of my noodles mom!

September 9 - Dad - dip it and end it. Afton - No Dad, dip it and bend it.

Sept 12 - Me - shoo fly, don't bother me, shoo fly don't bother me (to a fly buzzing around us). Afton - That's not helping mom, let me try. Shoo fly don't bother me, shoo fly don't bother me.

Sept 15 - What's behind that wall Mom?
What's under that floor Mom?
What's behind that wall Mom?
What's through that wall Mom?

Sept 19 - My name is Pixie Dust. It's a real name. My birds name is Calerina. She's the fastest bird. She loves to fly. She went la la la la la la la la la.

Sept 24 - Shut the front door!
Where'd you learn that?
Dad says it. That's what I'm gonna say now cuz he says it.

Sept 25 - I'm gonna whisper in your ear Mom. ( Rainbows in your life) big grin.

Sept 27 - Mom remember my eyes glow when I have a magical dream so I can help you see in the closet to get Halloween stuff out.

October 3 - Praying - Bless us to do the things that are right and what your mommy tells you

October 5 - God is near

October 5 - Hold on Mom, we're talking football. (with dad)

October 15 - I'm pooing on my pee Mom!

October 25 - I had this picture in my head Mom. It was Jesus climbing out of a picture in the church and looking for his Dad.

October 31 - Afton was staring into the lights - I'm charging my eyes mom. then I can see in the dark. My eyes glow now.

Ummmmm, sugar milk - after a bowl of cereal

November 25 - Santa has a long beard. Jesus has a short beard.

November 27 - It's sure nice of Santa to come and celebrate Jesus' birthday with us.

December 1 - Talking about babies - I want three girls, (looking at dad) have I gone too far?

December 3 - She's slow because she's on the phone Mom. You're slow when you're on the phone too. You need to talk at home. (Yikes)

December 5 - Tumo Ku is someone who doesn't believe in Heaven.

They believe in Christmas Mom! (a decorated house=belief in Xmas)

December 6 - We were playing with a sticker from an apple (we're awesome) as it stuck to Afton she said, What's on me Mom? Is it a mystery pock??

December 9 - Do you have the spirit of Christmas Afton? No Mom, I have a regular spirit!

December 10 - (In time out, screaming) Someone?Anyone? Someone help me!!

December 12 - (bathroom of Texas Roadhouse)
Mom I can 1. Go out
or I can 1. Go out or 2. Stomp my feet
or I can 1. Go out or 2. Stomp my feet or 3. Shake my body
or I can 1. Go out or 2. Stomp my feet or 3. Shake my body or 4. Giggle

2013

January 1 - Look mom there's a deer crossing sign. (looking around) Where are all the deer Mom?

January 2 - (me giving blood) Why'd you give blood Mom. Do you have too much?

January 13 - Heavenly Father please help me find my zooble.

January 20 - Roger John, America's Funniest Home Videos

Excited for the talent show (show and tell) at her new preschool.

January 22 - Wanna know how to get to Vegas? You have to ride Pegasus Pony

January 23 - Monday, Tuesday, Threesday, Foursday

January 29 - The boys at school didn't like me mom. I showed them my Y (on her shirt) and they didn't like it. :(

There's happiness coming down, it's the lion king (pointing in a line down her body).

January 30 - Do you know who makes the happiness? Jesus

February 1 - Do you need to get married again to have a baby?

February 6 - Driving into Vegas. I always wanted to see Pom Pom trees!

It's like a carnival of lights.

This is freaking me out...

I'm out freaking mom...

February 17 - I had a thinking mom. I was a taller kid and I was playing with my little sister. I handed her my unicorn.

February 21 - Excuse me, I just goosed it.

February 24 - The wind, the branches, the clouds, they're making wonderful music. It's like classic music we like it's like
Tinkerbell.

March 4 - I am not allergic to all peanuts, I can eat circus peanuts.

March 14 - Grandpa W forgetting a word. He'd better go back to preschool.

March 20 - Again...do you need to get married again so you can have a baby? :(

March 25 - watching the baseball field waiting for swimming lessons to start. a boy and his dad - I don't want to marry a boy looking like that (hard helmet)

April 2 - Prayer - Bless Easter we don't know what to do. Easter eggs and fluffy tails.

April 6 - She's old and ready to die. I just say that because old people die.

April 16 - The Holy Ghost helps you float. I don't have the Holy Ghost, I will sink. Oh wait, I can touch.

May 7 - Prayer - Heavenly Father we love Easter. We get what we get and we don't throw a fit.

May 12 - Always asking, what does Kenna think we're doing?what does grandma think we're doing? What does so and so think we're doing?

May 15 - Yip Yip Cooray

May 29 - Stay close to me forever Mom.

June 1 - Your eyelashes are long mom. Do they help keep the sun out of your eyes?

June 2 - Driving - why are we stopping mom? The lights green mom, we're not moving. Why are you pushing that pedal? Why are we still driving? Why are you using your other foot? Are you holding the steering wheel with both hands? Why? Why not?

June 4 - There aren't superheroes anymore because they all got old. Your heart will break, people will really break your heart. Something that hurts your life and cuts your heart makes it feel broken.

June 8 - Your tummy's hot mom, the baby must be cooking in there.

Hello baby! (to my tummy)

June 11 - We used goblins for our drinks.

Me: Will you play with the baby if it's a boy?
AK: I might

June 14 - There's a baby in my mommy's tummy. Her name is Sunshine!

June 15 - Heather (me, mom) Heather, Heather

June 15 - There's an Antelope Afton. Why'd you say there's an antelope mom? Because there's an antelope.

June 16- Right mom? I was little right? We did that right? I washed my hands when I was little right?

June 17 - Do people really go (Afton making faces) while feeding a baby? Yes, sometimes.
I don't want to do that..

June 17- When you love someone, you're in their heart.

June 17- I'm hungry mom. Okay, what do you want? (Me giving her options) No mom, you just choose. Okay. How about ...No mom choose something else.

June 18 - I need real food mom.

June 19 - Afton's started spelling out words like we do...
amp mom, fbst mom

June 20 - I dreamed I was riding a butterfly and I saw lots of colorful butterflies and then I saw a black one. Then I was a fairy and I was flying!! Do you love that dream mom? Can you believe it mom? The black one tried to zap me but it didn't get me.

June 21 - Brett and I left for a funeral.
It's okay mom, he will always be in her heart (Krista). If you love someone they stay in your heart. (hand on heart)

June 26 - Singing Rock a Bye Baby in the car. At the end she asks, did the baby die?

July 5 - If you don't have a family you have to go to a girl center and get one.

July 9 - Found eyelash on cheek, blew away for a wish. I can't believe I got my first wish!! Will Jesus give me my wish?

July 17 - If I yell Blake across the street and he answers in Spanish I'll know he can play.

July 20 - Brett and Afton playing in the garden - Afton looking for daddy, daddy are you painted green?

July 29 - I'm the 'new kid' in the family. I haven't done this, I'm the new kid.

My mom said, my mom said, my mom said

I'm not hugging you mom, I'm hugging the baby!

Rays of Sunshine, Crescent Moon, Rainbow, Buttercup - baby names or my little ponies?

Bad dreams at night - I want to sleep with you, I'm alone and you get to sleep with dad.

July 30 - I'm allergic to that (whatever I want her to eat)

Aug 4 - Hands into my heart. My hearts as happy as can be.

Aug 9 - Look mom - (straight face) What? This is what I look ilke when I'm not talking.

Aug 19 - Another baby name - Dandle

Walking behind Afton at the Thanksgiving Point Gardens. Why are you two always following me?

Sep 1 - Riding a bike!!!

Sep 7 - Lalaloopsy's not weird, they're lovely!

Sep 8 - I know where the mosquitos come from. Highland. You can push them back with an umbrella. All the way to Highland.

Sep 8 - Mom that shirt looks lovely (pink maternity shirt).

Mom look! I have 2 moles on my face. Are they moles or chocolate? They're moles mom, look!!! Will I get more when I'm a teenager?

Sep 16 - I want it to be quiet mom. I'm not talking and you're not talking...

Sep 17 - One might stomach. One might mommy. Mighty = medium

Go get your bag so we can see what you worked on in school today. Hold on (insert candy into mouth) it's better when I can treats in my mouth.

Sep 21- I always wanted a brother named Jesus Christ. I sent a picture of my new family in a balloon.

Oct 11 - Counting 'carvs' for me, making sure I'm not walking too much, telling me I'm pretty.

Back seat worried drive - Why are you slowing down Mom? You were really close to that car Mom! Why aren't we going?

Oct 19 - JCW's for dinner. Let's pray Mom.

Singing to my belly with her arm around me... so sweet!

Oct 24 - Nightmare from kids' story at story time. Dang book

I'm the only kid in this world who will never let go of my mother's life.

Look Mom! I'm starting to grow boobs!

After prayer - I was doing this mom ( moving hands, looking around, tapping finger, etc. ) is that okay?

Oct 30 - Afton walked into the bathroom and I was in the tub. I wasn't expecting to see that tonight!

Singing to baby with hands on my tummy. 'You're mine, you're mine, you're mine, you have my heart"!

Oct 31 - Trick or treating Afton hands me her bag. It's heavy, I'm done.

Nov 6 - Talking about going to 'Square Temple' to see the lights and I said you and daddy are going on a daddy daughter date because I'll be home with the baby. Afton looked at me, 'I'm not going on a date with daddy. That's what you do..'

Nov 14 - (eating breakfast) I swallowed my eggs but it wasn't time so they came back up. (happily chewing)

Nov 29 - Can I sleepover at Grandma's again? I'll send you a card in the mail!

Nov 30- Talking about getting a Xmas tree. Well, Kenna and Rylie go to Alaska, that's the hard way!

Dec 2 - Afton lined up her nativity people in front of the TV so they could be a part of the Jazz game crowd.

Dec 17 - Loving Maya - Afton got a real smile out of her today.

Dec 18 - Brett put Afton to bed and thought she was asleep but as he walked away she said, Daddy will you come back and read to me about compost? haha Happy Bday Brett

2014

Jan 1 - Listening to classical music while looking for eagles. 'This is lovely mom, like a lullaby.'

My pee is hot mom, like the sun.

Jan 6 - Afton made a sign for our tea party. Don't eat the crust, but do whatever you want.

Jan 7 - Brett - I'm losing weight. Afton - no Dad, you're not any shorter.

Jan 14 - Getting kissed by dad - new rule - Brett can only give kisses on Sunday.

Jan 24 - Hoping for a Valentine's Day party - When you bring friends you bring Valentine's, when you bring Valentine's you bring happy, happy brings love, love brings hearts..

Feb 1 - I wnat you to wake up and smell the roses

Feb 11 - Playing with Grandpa Tom - 'You can't control me'

Feb 25 - Call me peach

Mar 1 - Afton walks in my room the morning of our dentist app. I think I'm going to throw up. Dry heaves, throws up a little. Well I guess we're not going now. Can I hold Maya? I guess we'll have to go swimming instead.

April 10 - Driving with Afton. I said it's really bright out here. She said it's not really bright mom, it's just the reflection of the sun on the window.

Driving by AF park. Afton said that's where we used to go. I said we were here when I was pregnant. She said we're not really here mom, we're in the car. Here is wherever you are now.

May 5 - Afton ran like I've never seen her run when she thought some DEER were chasing her at Capitol Reef National Park. Hahahaha! She was terrified, poor girl!

Keeps using the word dilate. I need to dilate this mom, I can't go until I dilate, etc. hehe

May 6 - Named pet kitty Kelk.

May 10 - What? What? What? Sometimes it's all I say! Do you know what Mom? Guess what Mom?

May 12 - Afton had a cough and she thought it was hysterical to cough into the harmonica. Very musical.

May 14 - Afton watched Charlotte's Web and teared up when she found out Charlotte was going to die. I love watching her grow and work out emotions and feelings. She's such a sweetheart.

May 23 - If a purple planet exploded in space would we have unlimited purple frosting?

Why do bunnies like carrots? I can't wait to pull carrots in bunny world.

Let's make a magic machine that will deliver out books back to the library.

You know how you make stuffing? The clouds fall apart. They're made of cotton balls.

May 26 - Secret Garden - Pretend I live here mom and this is my house and this is my room and I sleep here...

May 27 - We're skinny and small Mom but dad's sparell, that's skinny and fat.

Found a teeny tiny baby bird under our car in Smith's parking lot. We shoooed it back to a tree and Afton was so good and so worried. She felt better having it off the road (me too) and said I'm good with animals because I'm nice to them.

May 28 - In heaven I made colors on the earth so everyone had colors and didn't have to paint. Well just the earths colors.

Took Maya in for 6 months shots. Afton held her hand and cried.

June 8 - Is it real on this earth Mom? Asking that about TV shows, books, cartoons, etc.

Who were those people who were the first on Earth Mom? Adam and Eve? Oh right, they weren't. It was Andra.

June 14 - Driving around a neighborhood with the girls. I said these yards are all really messy. You mean crappy Mom? They look crappy

June 15 - You need a snack? Aren't you still full from dinner? No mom, not since I went potty.

June 21 - Afton's song - But I flew away I flew away. Put the bird inside the tree but I flew away, flew away. I was in the jungle and they found me but I flew away, flew away.

Afton can't get enough peas when the time comes and Brett said, You're going to grow a foot eating those. Afton looked at her feet then back at Brett.

Afton snuck peas into her room after I said not to. Later that night she came down and said mom I lied. I like for the first time, I did have peas. I didn't want you to know. I lied.

July 6 - The gas made me brave. (dentist)

July 11 - Made a chocolate zucchini cake and while Afton's eating she says, now this is the power of compost in a cake!

July 31 - Stop growing Afton! I can't mom. Don't you want to see Shyan again? I have to grow so you can become a grandma and when you die you'll see Shyan.

August 6 - Afton rode her bike into the grass and crashed. I asked what happened and she said she was riding with her eyes closed. Of course...
Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.